Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Handler

Just call me "The Handler". 
I've been hard at work "handling" things these past few days. I handled a annoying grocery shop, searching for food not containing dairy or chocolate. I handled getting my car window getting put back in (finally!!). I handled getting a plumber to come, and was ready at the drop of a hat to have our shower replaced tomorrow (weds). I handled getting James' surgery and follow up scheduled. I handled getting an incentive chart set up for my kids. I handled the laundry (for the most part). I'm currently handling JD's birthday party. I almost have school supplies handled. I've handled so many things that I just can't even remember it all. That's right, I'm "The Handler".

I cannot, however, get a handle on this heat. Ahhh, all day I felt like I was melting. No, I didn't turn the air on. I think I probably should've. But as good as it feels all I can hear is money flying away. Good thing James has better perspective on this.... otherwise our kids would be constantly dripping in sweat! Have I mentioned how much I love him? He's so good for me and my extremist ways. 

So tomorrow my shower & tub are being replaced. Do I stay here while they do it? Do I supervise? I don't want to, and I don't think I need to. But where do I go? This plumber knows both my dad and James, and works on my pastors house. Plus, I think that it might be too much for the kids to stay away from. The whole thing is stressful, but a good thing. 




2 comments:

  1. There is something so wonderful about getting things "handled" huh?? I LOVE it...Why are you needing to replace your shower and tub already?? That seems weird...I am totally with you on the heat...I'm maxing out here...It's just hot no matter what you do...I have heard it is suppose to be over this week-end. We have ash everywhere for the limit as well and the air is down right smoke filled. Sooo draining...Too bad you live too far to pop over tomorrow while they do that. I'll just be sitting here this morning with Cody...Well, have a good day....kiss all the kids...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the handler....just like your dad.
    I'm learning to be a handler....but it just seems like fun stuff always lures me away.

    ReplyDelete