I, up until today, have not know how she goes about doing this. Then, this afternoon I witnessed her push with all her might off of her toes and scoot her little (big) body forward. It's by no means an exact science, but it is very effective. I think she combines this scoot with a roll or two and she gets where she need to go. Very impressive in my opinion, especially for a 5 1/2 month old who can't even sit up yet!
Now on to the heart of the matter. I AM NOT READY FOR ANOTHER MOVER. Capri and JD didn't really crawl, they were early walkers. Crawling was not their "thing". It seems to me I've maybe got a crawler on my hands. I want her to be little for a while longer so she can just sit where I put her. I really love the "sit where I put you" stage. It's so cute! Are we skipping it? Ahhh NO!
Another funny story, last night we went to sea world again for sea world summer nights. JD was again squealing with delight, although this time at EVERY picture/likeness of Shamu he could find.... by the way, there's millions, and he noticed every. single. one. We settled in for the Shamu rocks show, with Scuffy happily holding his new giant Shamu he got the other day. Up saunters a little boy who must've been about 5 or 6, practically demanding JD let him hold his Shamu. James and I were both aware of what was going on, but before we could say anything JD just says "No, it's my Shamu." The boy stood there for an uncomfortable amount of time clearly thinking that we were going to make JD share, not gonna happen kid! I had my eye on the kids dad, whom at one point I thought might make an issue of us not allowing his son to hold our sons toy. Sorry, that's not how sharing works.... and little scuffy, at not even 3yrs old, knows that. Scuff identified that kid immediately as the type to grab and dash off with his toy. And that was my immediate thought too... "don't do it buddy, he's the type to hold it and run". So there you have it. JD, at almost 3, can stick up for himself. James and I are beaming with pride. He wasn't rude, he wasn't mean, he was matter of fact. He's a genius little boy.
What a good BIG boy....I LOVE it....I was thinking today, wow, JD is going to be 3!! How did that happen soo fast?? And Tella...what a big girl..Cody simply rolls where ever he wants to be...haha They are both growing so fast...how fun to go to sea world just for night time shows...
ReplyDelete