Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th & more

We decided on a low-key 4th this year, so James rigged up a shady place for the kids to play in the water right in our driveway. They loved it! And then he made us some great dinner on the BBQ... we ended the night with fireworks at a super sneaky spot totally uncrowded. Tella missed the fireworks it was way past her bedtime... but Capri and JD liked them.

Then on Monday we got invited to a sweet 16 down at La Jolla shores. It was a great party, the kids loved every minute. We sort of inherited another kid while there but the kids didn't mind one bit! Here is JD joining in the birthday conga line. He thought it was great!

And here is my baby Tellatubby who is rolling round and round all by her self now. She's quite good I might add! She was awful sick last night, throwing up for a while, but it only lasted for a few hours last night and today she's 100%. It was the weirdest thing....

Also...........
Capri is so cute. She asked me yesterday if God fits in our car. Of course I told her yes, that God is with us always. And then James confirmed it for her later too.... he said the same thing I did pretty much. Tonight she told me, with a big sigh, "Mommy I just want God."  then she talked about Him healing her finger. I can't tell you the swells of pride that come over me as I see my daughter thinking about my Savior...... I always feel like I'm lacking in this area, but it's moments like these that make me think it's sinking in! Praise God!  And - if she wasn't cute enough already - after I put her to bed I was cleaning up and went into our bathroom only to find out she had decorated it with toys... all very much in a special order, and placed specifically according to her taste. She is something else I tell you... so different, so special, so imaginative... how did I get blessed with such a rare treasure?
And, 
We went to the library today to get new books. The kids were of course just good as gold, and I'm so happy to see them enjoying the library. It was one of the highlights of my week when I was little.... the Vineland public library.... so much freedom there, to read whatever I chose. I LOVED it. I can remember every corner of that library, and I even remember taking classes there. 
Finally, 
James was at Disneyland today (don't tell the kids). Hope he's having a good time! We talked about it yesterday and when I asked if he was excited he said that Disney is so different now that we have kids.... it's no longer fun to just do for yourself, it's more fun to see the kids doing it and being overwhelmed with excitement... and I agree. But, maybe it will be fun to see the Israeli kids seeing it for the first time? That could be good too, I think, not nearly as good as your own kids - but fun to see others enjoy it for the first time. 

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes a 4th like yours is the best kind...no stress, relaxing....JD in that conga line is adorable...I click on the pics and make them bigger and you can see how excited he was in his face. And sweet little Capri...that is a very neat story about her musings and thoughts about God...I LOVE it too....and I've been telling you that you both are doing a good job...Tella is getting big!! rolling around like a big girl....I think she kind of looks like JD in that pic....the library was another favorite of mine too....when I was young we had the bookmobile which was really fun...haha I am glad you have them excited about reading and books...you know how big I have that....How old were the kids James had at Disneyland??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand how you feel about Capri.
    She is a very thoughtful little girl, and if you don't pay attention you miss all the sweet little gifts she leaves in the day.
    Sooo much like her mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capri is so stinkin' cute. what an adorable story.

    ReplyDelete